Thursday, June 23, 2016

TT Update

Good Morning,

I hope you all are doing well this morning.

I have a confession to make, as I haven't been completely forthright with you over the past 2 years.  I've been in the process of starting a new business, the details of which I can't disclose at this time.  It's quite a departure from making hairsticks, and I suspect the overall impression that you all will collectively have is "... Wow, didn't see that one coming".

This is the reason that the hairstick production has slowed down recently.  The new business is requiring a great deal of my time, and is only going to consume more of my time going forward. 

In terms of custom orders, I've drawn a line across the page indicating those customers still eligible for the 10% discount that we offered after my job interview.  I knew going in to the interview that it was only going to be "X" amount of time before I gave my notice, it would have been at best a temporary financial band aid.  As it turns out, this is about the time I would be giving my notice to the employer for the job which I didn't get.  Hey, I knew it was a lousy thing to do at the time, but you've got to do what you've got to do when it comes to eating and paying the bills... we somehow managed to survive.

For now I'm going to continue accepting custom orders but no longer offering the 10% discount.  I'm going to have to play it by ear in terms of customs going forward, as the wait times are going to increase also.

My ultimate goal is to get the business up and running, and hopefully be able to pass off the majority of work to other shareholders in the company, and then ultimately on to employees.  It's becoming an exciting venture finally, but at the end of the day, I'd rather just make a hairstick.

So there you have it, the cat is a little bit out of the bag.

Have a great week!

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment