Friday, December 11, 2015

Fridays - Our favorite day of the week

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday season, Santa's not far away.

I want to apologize for the abrupt cloaking of the blog for the past week, we had a few unanticipated distractions, but it's all good.  As you can see, you haven't missed anything.

So, this is our favorite day of the week, we have our Friday night get together with friends, I get to raise my head above ground level for a few hours.  Before the get together this evening however, I get to raise my a head a little higher, as in 2 stories higher.  There's an elderly gentleman (89 years old) who is a member of our Church, and I work with the "Helping Hands" committee.  He's a sweet old guy who just needs some help, and today myself and one of our Pastors are going to go clean his gutters.  For those of you that haven't had the distinct privilege of cleaning gutters, it's a nasty job, especially on a 2 story house.  We live in a 1 story house, and I paid someone to clean ours, so what's wrong with this picture :)  Afterwards it's off to visit my 93 year old mother who lives in skilled nursing, and then we go drink a few beers with our friends.  Suffice it to say, we're not going to be kicking out many sticks today, and hopefully neither I nor our Pastor will fall off the ladder, as that probably wouldn't be a good thing.

Let's talk about customs.  I've had a number of conversations this past week, and have taken quite a few custom orders, and I'm backed up a little bit.  For the time being, I'm not accepting new customs until I've tackled the internal list we've been keeping.  I should have the list cleared sometime next week.  For those of you that I've spoken to, thank you for your kind and encouraging words, and I meant what I said as it relates to your custom orders.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend, I'll be back next week with an update on future custom orders. 

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment